Our Processes, Your Protection... In A Nutshell
We understand that now more than ever, in light of our recent global crisis, the knowledge in which we choose to interact with our customers and products is of great importance.
From contactless online deliveries to stringent cleaning measures in-store and our all important custom product packaging, specifically designed to optimise both the hygienics and longevity of our products, at The Nut Market we are mindful of the way we package, store and source our goods so you can get on with the business of eating and enjoying them.
All of our food handling processes and procedures are in compliance with the QLD Health Food Act.
- Our premises and vehicles maintain a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene to package and deliver our products.
- All equipment and surfaces are cleaned thoroughly and sanitised to prevent transmission of infectious disease and also to prevent cross-contamination between products.
- Food grade stainless steel packing surfaces
- Use of separate stainless steel utensils
- Thoroughly washing and sanitising of utensils and surfaces between packing of products
- Use of protective food grade equipment such as gloves
- Avoiding any unnecessary contact with food
- Staff trained and informed of their health and hygiene obligations including hand washing techniques.
- Staff training on the importance of providing accurate information about ingredients and allergen information
- Accurate allergen and intolerance information displayed on products
Our Steps To Sustainability… In A Nutshell
Convenient doesn’t necessarily have to mean “eco-UNfriendly”
Our custom designed bags are made from 70% sustainably sourced, recyclable kraft paper. Kraft paper is made from at least 80% sulfate wood pulp. It is course and exceptionally strong, it's properties are designed to improve shelf-life of product and it has more environmentally friendly elements than plastic and other packaging. Our bags are also lined with a layer of food grade, recyclable BOPP and CPP.
BOPP is a polyester film that acts as a moisture and water resistant barrier, withstands ultra violet rays and resists pollution and harmful chemicals, helping us keep your natural goodies just that, natural! CPP film has excellent heat seal strength and high puncture and tear resistance meaning your product is sealed in fresh. CPP is actually used by health care and pharmaceutical industries for packaging of drugs for extended periods of time as the film can protect against contamination.
Our Peanut Butter Jars are made from lightweight, impact resistant, food grade PET. Making them fully recyclable, resealable and reusable. They make the perfect pantry jars for storing and keeping your nuts fresh. They are not designed to be heated and are not microwave safe.
This means our bags and jars are:
- 100% Recyclable
- Environmentally friendly
- Are light in weight
- Are deliverable & accepted easily all across the world
- Damage of the product due to transport, weather etc are reduced
We are continually looking for and embracing new ways to reduce our environmental footprint from sourcing our produce locally, to our plastic bag free ethos, reusing and recycling. We’re currently in the process of developing our own biodegradable labels, reusable shopping bags and biodegradable mailbag options. We believe that taking the small steps now and rethinking the way we collectively shop can help to shape a better future for our children and the way they live.