Making your own muesli bars or muesli slice is not only great for the grocery budget, you also know exactly what’s going into them – and your kids’ mouths! Makes 14 large muesli bar slices. If you’re feeling enthusiastic, make a double batch, slice, wrap individually in Gladwrap and freeze. Too easy!
- 125g butter
- ¼ cup golden syrup
- 1 cup The Nut Market Organic Rolled Oats
- ½ cup The Nut Market Sultanas
- ½ cup The Nut Market Dried Cranberries
- ½ cup The Nut Market Dried Apricots diced
- ½ cup self-raising flour
- ½ brown sugar
- 3 tbs The Nut Market Pepitas
- 1 tbs The Nut Market Sesame or Chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 20cm x 30cm slice tray with baking paper
- Combine the butter and syrup in a small saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring, until the butter has melted.
- Place the oats, sultanas, cranberries, apricots, pepitas, seeds, flour and sugar in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the butter and syrup mixture to the oat mixture and combine. Press into the base of your prepared slice tin. A silicone spatula won’t stick and makes it easy to push the mix into the corners of the tin.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Allow the slice to cool in the tin completely before cutting it into slices to serve.