As the weather starts to warm up, and things begin to bloom outside, we start to look towards fresh, light, simple recipes full of herbs & flavour. Why not experiment with making vegan pesto? Pesto WITHOUT the parmesan cheese is just lighter and fresher (especially with the addition of The Nut Market quality Pine Nuts & fresh lemon juice), and the flavours taste brighter.
- 3 cups basil moderately packed
- juice of one small-medium lemon
- 1/3 cup of The Nut Market pine nuts
- 2 large garlic cloves peeled and roughly chopped
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
In a food processor, combine all ingredients except the olive oil. Pulse until evenly chopped. Slowly add in the olive oil through the top of the processor. Pulse until evenly combined, but not completely smooth.