Creamy, delicious and simple. These Almond Coco Milk Raspberry Popsicles are not only beautiful, but also quite simple to whip up. They freeze beautifully, and the agave nectar adds a subtle fruity flavor. A summer must make recipe!
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ⅓ cup agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- ½ cup raspberries
- The Nut Market Blanched Flaked Almonds
- Whisk together the coconut milk, almond milk, vanilla, cornstarch and 3 tbsp of the agave, until smooth and creamy. Bring it to a simmer for 5 minutes on low flame and switch it off. Set aside and let cool completely
- Take ½ cup of the almond and coconut milk mixture and add the berries and blend with the remaining agave nectar. Set it separately.
- For a creamy pop: Stir together the coconut/almond milk and berry puree, and divide evenly between the popsicle molds. Freeze for 30 minutes, then insert the popsicle sticks, and continue freezing for 4 hours, or until firm.
- For a layered pop: Divide the coconut/almond milk equally between the popsicle molds. Place in the freezer for 1 hour, or so, then top with the berry puree. Use a skewer to swirl it. Freeze again for 30 minutes, then insert the popsicle sticks and continue freezing for 4 hours, or until firm.
- To remove the popsicles, either let them sit out for 5-10 minutes until soft enough to pull out, or submerge the bottom of the popsicle mold (up to the edge of the top) in room-temperature water for 10-15 seconds, then gently pull to release. Once you pop the popsicle out, garnish with blanched flaked almonds.